This winter is proving to be quite a harsh one for residents of Portland.
According to recent reports from Mt. Hood Medical Center and Legacy hospitals, record numbers of people
are being treated for injuries sustained from
slip and fall accidents caused by the icy conditions. Sidewalks and roads have frozen over completely,
causing people to suffer injuries left and right as a result. To reduce
your chances of a slip and fall accident this winter, there are several
things you can do to help keep you on your feet.
1. Wear appropriate clothing: Nonslip shoes, such as those made with neoprene soles or a comparable material
can improve your traction on icy ground.
2. Stay indoors: If you do not have to travel, try to stay indoors and away from the elements
as much as you can. If you must walk across an icy surface, do so slowly
and deliberately to help maintain your balance.
3. Look before you step: This seems pretty self-explanatory, but make sure you look at where you
place your feet when stepping out of cars or off of steps. If you see
ice, you will be able to compensate accordingly.
4. Hold onto handrails: A fall down stairs can be particularly devastating, potentially resulting
in spinal cord damage, broken bones, and head injuries. Grabbing onto
handrails can provide much needed support to keep you stay upright.
5. Keep your hands free: Being able to swing your arms for stabilization is key. If you need to
carry some sort of object, bring a backpack.
Hire an Experienced Portland Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you should suffer an injury in a slip and fall accident, you may be
able to recover compensation for your suffering with the assistance of
Portland personal injury lawyer from Angel Law, P.C. With personalized and compassionate representation,
our firm’s skilled lawyers can represent your interests in court
and maximize your chances of securing a desirable outcome for your situation.
To get started towards retaining the representation you deserve,
contact us online or call our office today at (503) 862-866.